Industrial Machinery Design Solutions for Mainstream Manufacturers
Meet customer demands for new machine designs faster than your competition
Industrial machinery manufacturers in the mainstream market are facing an increasing number of demands, including the need to respond quickly and accurately to customer requests for new machine designs, the need to design and manufacture these machines quickly and efficiently while maintaining a high level of quality, and the need to comply with industry regulations.
These manufacturers are often small- and medium-sized organizations that do not have the large information technology (IT) resources that global enterprises can apply to implementing and maintaining high-end software solutions. They need professional computer-aided design (CAD) and productivity solutions that are easy to implement and maintain, as well as affordable.
Solid Edge provides solutions for industrial machinery design that meet these needs. Some of the many ways that Solid Edge can help your company flourish in the demanding industrial machinery business environment include:
- The ability to rapidly design, analyze and modify 3D parts within 3D assembly models to ensure accurate fit and function of machinery components
- Easy utilization of standard and catalog parts for faster design time and lower product costs
- Automatic creation and updating of 2D drawings
- Virtual testing and validation of critical parts and assemblies using integrated Solid Edge Simulation software that does not require specialist analysis staff
- Engineer-to-order capabilities for rapid configuration of complete machines, including the ability to clone existing machines as the starting point for a new design, and the ability to track “as-delivered” configurations
- Solid Edge data management offers scalable solutions for management of CAD files and related technical data that meet the needs of industry machinery manufacturers, from startups and very small firms to larger manufacturers with distributed operations.
- Solid Edge manufacturing applications for machining, sheet metal manufacturing and design-for-manufacturing
- Accurate and timely supply of information to the shop floor – including 2D drawings, 3D models and bills of materials – that results in less errors and rework in manufacturing
- Fast creation of photorealistic images of the final machine design to support sales and marketing efforts
With 3D CAD, simulation, manufacturing and design management capabilities, Solid Edge provides an integrated portfolio of affordable and easy-to-use industrial machinery design solutions that help companies design better.