Solid Edge System Requirements
Solid Edge ST8 System Requirements and Information
Operating System Requirements and Information
This release of Solid Edge has been certified to run on the following:
- Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, or Professional (64-bit only) with Service Pack 1
- Windows 8 or 8.1 Pro or Enterprise (64-bit only)
- Windows 10 Enterprise or Professional (64-bit only) version 1511 or later
- Internet Explorer 11
Solid Edge does not support the Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge.
Note: Solid Edge ST9 is 64-bit only. Solid Edge ST6 was the last release of 32-bit Solid Edge.
Windows Home and Windows RT are not supported.
Solid Edge stops certifying new releases against an operating system shortly after Microsoft drops mainstream support for it. Solid Edge ST9 will not install on Windows Vista or Windows XP. Microsoft dropped mainstream support for Windows 7 in January 2015. Solid Edge ST9 continues to install on Windows 7, however, if there is a Windows 7 specific problem, we cannot guarantee that a fix can be provided if support is required from Microsoft.
Note: Solid Edge ST10 will be the last Solid Edge release to support Windows 7.
Hardware System Requirements
- Recommended system configuration
- 64-bit Windows 7 or Windows 10 operating system
- 8 GB RAM or more
- True Color (32-bit) or 16 million colors (24-bit)
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher, widescreen format
- Minimum system configuration
- Any of the above 64-bit operating systems
- 2 GB RAM or more
- 65K colors
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher
- 5.0 GB of disk space is required to install Solid Edge