UniCam FX and Test Expert Electronics Manufacturing Software
High Tech and Electronics manufacturers must bring cost-effective products to market faster than ever while meeting a variety of challenges, including the introduction of large numbers of new products in record time; manufacturing a growing mix of complex products; meeting customer and regulatory demands like traceability and lead-free manufacturing; and introducing new technologies, being components, software, equipment or processes.
Beyond these day-to-day manufacturing challenges, global electronics manufacturers face the challenge of acquiring new facilities; selecting the right equipment; balancing workloads between factories; managing inventory and quality on a global scale; and managing the outsourcing business process.
Tecnomatix solutions for High Tech & Electronics solutions to address these critical issues, providing the most widely used Manufacturing Process Management (MPM) solutions for designing, managing and integrating the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, production management on the shop floor, and the outsourcing business process at the single plant, corporation and extended enterprise levels. These solutions were developed from years of expertise working with the world's largest electronics manufacturers.
Electronics manufacturers worldwide are using this complete, end-to -end manufacturing solution to design, optimize and execute board and box-level production processes. Tecnomatix solutions for High Tech & Electronics helps you introduce new products faster by more easily programming and optimizing the widest variety of assembly machines and test equipment in low- and high-mix scenarios, logging defects in the repair process and managing all aspects of manufacturing execution, from material management, to machine monitoring and quality management to full product and process traceability.
Manufacturing Process Management for Electronics = NPI + Execution
MPM is a technology-enabled business strategy that connects NPI and production processes by determining digitally "how" a product will be manufactured; by evaluating how well the planned process will work, through optimization; by managing the execution of the planned processes; and by providing feedback and process visibility across the manufacturing supply chain. In short MPM is the "how": how to design a process and how to execute its manufacturing.
The most commonly used PCB NPI Solution in the Industry: Tecnomatix for Electronics PCB Assembly and Test solution is the only integrated set of software solutions covering the entire NPI suite of activities, providing unique support for continuous improvement of NPI processes through process automation. The Tecnomatix PCB Assembly and Test solution provides best-in-class , industry-proven solutions for optimizing SMT lines for low, medium and high volumes and mixes at the machine, line and factory level.
The leading final assembly line design solution: the Tecnomatix for Electronics Box Assembly solution is an end-to-end methodology and integrated toolset for planning and validating box assembly lines and processes. This proven and tailored solution is intended for manufacturing engineers and industrial engineering teams at the corporate level as well as at dispersed plants, and provides an integrated toolset that increases engineering efficiencies throughout the organization.
The most comprehensive MES solution for electronics manufacturing: the Tecnomatix for Electronics MES solution is the most comprehensive and mature MES solution custom-built for the electronics industry covering both PCB and box assembly. Mainly an out-of-the-box solution yet extremely configurable, this web-based, point-and-click solution , covers the entire set of electronics MES functions: feeder verification; material tracking and management; lead-free compliance ; repair management; machine monitoring; quality management; product genealogy; and, full product and process traceability.
The most innovative, end-to-end outsourced manufacturing management solution: the Tecnomatix for Electronics Outsourced Manufacturing solution is designed for OEMs using a partial or full outsourcing model for their manufacturing. It enables OEMs and suppliers (ODM/EMS/CM) to establish tight collaboration and controlled relations, making manufacturing partnerships work. The Tecnomatix Outsource Manufacturing solution improves financial control; significantly reduces shortages or excess inventories; removes delays and reduces expedition fees; enhances employee productivity and effectiveness; and, improves quality.
Tecnomatix Electronics industry solutions will enhance your competitiveness by allowing you to:
- Get the NPI process right the first time
- Optimize throughput even in high-mix conditions
- Cope effectively with change
- Tighten your grip on shop floor execution
- Minimize size of product recalls
- Analyze production information and get to the root cause of issues in real-time, preventing mistakes from eroding your cost margin
- Meet ever-growing customer and regulatory demands
- Streamline the OEM-to-ODM/EMS/CM outsourcing business process
Tecnomatix for High Tech & Electronics includes solutions for the following areas of production:
- Assembly & Test
- PCB Assembly
- Final (Box) Assembly
- Manufacturing Execution
- Material management
- Quality management
- Outsourced manufacturing management
- Supply Chain solutions
- Inventory management
- Quality Management
Smarter Planning: UniCam FX and Test Expert
UniCam FX and Test Expert (formerly Fabmaster) put low-cost, easy-to-use lean manufacturing capabilities firmly in your grasp, and allow you to get the new product introduction (NPI) process right the first time:
- Use UniCam FX to program the broad spectrum of electronics assembly equipment, including surface-mount technology (SMT), automated optical inspection (AOI), dispense, screen printers, through-hole technology (THT), manual assembly, and more.
- For low-mix, high-volume manufacturers, UniCam FX is the perfect solution to create accurate multi-job setups. Improve productivity on your SMT lines by reducing changeover time by as much as 75 percent.
- For high-volume manufacturing, UniCam FX advanced machine optimization dramatically increases line throughput and reduces bottlenecks
- Create and deliver paperless documentation directly to the shop floor using UniCam FX, UniDoc FX and ViewStation FX.
- Test Expert offers complete flexibility and control during fixture design and flying probe selection, and eases flying probe access on dense boards with a global probe offset tool
- Test Expert provides immediate feedback to designers and reduces testing costs by verifying design for test (DFT) rules before fabrication.
- Test Expert reduces cycle times on variants of the same board by managing attributes such as device types, values, and tolerances, as well as package and pad sizes/shapes.
- Test Expert automatically generates programs and inputs for a wide range of commonly used in-circuit test (ICT), flying probe testers, X-ray and AOI machines.
Smarter Production: SIMATIC IT MES
SIMATIC IT powers quality, efficiency and productivity on the shop floor.
- Minimize the risk of product recalls and ensure compliance with regulations with product and process traceability
- Enable tight production control
- Provide real-time visibility to work-in-progress (WIP), raw material and finished goods
- Systematically improve key quality metrics by detecting early occurrences of deviation
- Reduce repair costs and excessive rework
- “Go green” by eliminating shop-floor paper travelers
- Reduce errors in managing engineering change order (ECO)
- Meet ISO and customer Audit Requirements
- Create, schedule and share web-based Manufacturing Reports