CAM Express Total Machining
Inclusive, comprehensive coverage with Total Machining
The CAM Express Total Machining product provides a wide range of machining capabilities in a single product configuration. Suited to shops that handle a wide variety of work, and program a wide variety of machines, the Total Machining product includes capabilities for:
- Foundation – provides supporting functions including translators, assembly modeling, model editing, visualization, verification, post processing and shop documentation.
- Turning – provides full range of turning tool paths, including teach-mode and other manual methods for fine control.
- Wire EDM – provides 4 axis wire programming, including special entry/exit moves and no-core roughing options.
- 2.5 Axis Milling – provides roughing, re-roughing, facing, z-level finishing, and holemaking methods including manual positioning and feature based automation.
- 3 Axis Milling – provides extensive, high-speed capable, fixed axis cutting capabilities for complex surfaces, including raster, offset, and interpolated patterns, with steep/non-steep recognition, valley rest milling, and facet machining.
- 5 Axis Milling – provides extensive capabilities for simultaneous multi-axis cutting of complex surfaces, including both automatic and manual methods, multiple drive options and a wide variety of tool axis control.
- Machine Simulation – provides a complete kinematic machine environment for visualizing complex motion, including g-code level simulation of collision checking and multi-channel synchronization for the most accurate results.
- Feature Based Machining Author – provides capabilities to create and modify rules-driven automation processes and feature geometry definitions in the Machining Knowledge Editor.
CAM Express is designed to be used independently of any specific CAD system. It has key industry translators for data import.
Integrated with Solid Edge and NX
CAM Express is also available for integrated use with Siemens PLM Software CAD applications (NX or Solid Edge) based on the same packages outlined above.