Innovation and collaborative, synchronized program management for new programs
FOR RELEASE Monday, September 20, 2004
PLANO, Texas– UGS, a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services, today announced its Solid Edge® Voyager Program added 15 new partners in the first half of 2004, expanding to more than 220 integrated third-party software and hardware applications.
The Solid Edge Voyager Program serves the Solid Edge computer-aided design user base with access to leading software and hardware applications that offer best-in-class computer-aided design, manufacturing and engineering analysis (CAD/CAM/CAE) solutions. New program members in the first half of 2004 added diverse sets of applications for manufacturing, rapid prototyping, sheet metal fabrication, rendering, viewing, redlining, collaboration, standard parts, electro-mechanical design and more.
“The growth of third-party engineering software applications, particularly with Solid Edge’s Voyager program, can be attributed to qualitative and quantitative Solid Edge Value-Added Reseller (VAR) channel growth worldwide and the consistent success that Solid Edge has enjoyed in the market over the past two years,” said Mark Davies, manager of the Solid Edge Voyager Program. “The additional 15 partners added in the first half of 2004 brings our total to more than 206 partners, an outstanding 30 percent growth in two years. The integration of products and their associativity with Solid Edge provides our customers with a wide choice of ‘best-in-class’ applications to meet their needs while battling complexity.”
New Solid Edge Voyager Program members for the first half of 2004 are:
· CFDRC, Huntsville, Ala. (http://www.cfdrc.com) – product: CFD-CADalyzer™
· Metagraphics, Banchette, Italy (http://www.mgraphics.it) – product: PrinterEdge
· Advanced Tubular Technologies, Inc., Waterford, Mich. (http://www.advancedtubular.com) – product: Benderlink
· Camtek Limited, Worcestershire, UK (http://www.peps.com) – product: PEPS SolidCut
· Design Power, Inc., Cupertino, Calif. (http://www.dp.com) – product: Design++™
· IMAO Corporation, Seki Gifu, Japan (http://www.imao.co.jp) – product: IMAO CAD/CAF
· Wittlock Engineering LLC., Cullman, Ala. (http://www.wittlockeng.com) – product: WE-CIM
Product Data Management
· AP Automation + Productivity AG,Karlsruhe, Germany(http://www.ap-ag.com) – product: P2plus
· ARC Solutions Ltd., Chemnitz, UK (http://www.arcsolutions.com) – product: REMARC
· Product Sight Corporation, Bellevue, Wash. () – product: FindView®
· SOLID Applications Limited, West Midlands, UK (http://www.solidapps.co.uk) – product: Drawing ManEdger
· Visual Solutions, Westford, Mass. (http://www.vissim.com) – product: VisSim
· HighRES, Inc, La Jolla, Calif. (http://www.reverse-it.com) – product: HighRES
Sheet Metal Fabrication
· InterMedia Research & Consulting ,Hayama, Japan (http://www.forming.com)– product: FASTBLANK
Viewing, Rendering Tools
· Lumiscaphe, Cestas, France (http://www.lumiscaphe.com) – product: Patchwork 3D
Solid Edge from UGS is powerful 3D CAD software that allows manufacturing companies to Design with Insight and to reduce time to market, improve quality and lower cost. The exclusive Solid Edge Insight technology embeds design management capabilities directly within CAD, providing insight into design intent to the entire organization and enhancing collaboration. Insight, complemented by Solid Edge’s superior core modeling and process workflows, has reduced Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and their related rework by 50 percent or more. The extensive Solid Edge user community is comprised of designers at thousands of companies worldwide, including Alcoa, NEC Engineering, and Volvo. The Solid Edge Voyager Program includes 222 integrated engineering software applications and computer hardware solutions.
UGS is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with more than 3.1 million licensed seats and 42,000 clients worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, the company promotes openness and standardization and works collaboratively with its clients in creating enterprise solutions enabling them to transform their process of innovation and thus begin to capture the value of PLM.
Note to editors: UGS and Solid Edge are trademarks or registered trademark of UGS Corp. or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.