MRO 2004, ATLANTA -- UGS PLM Solutions, the product lifecycle management (PLM) s ubsidiary of EDS, today announced the availability of Teamcenter® In-Service , a new solution that extends the value of PLM to maintenance, repair and overha ul (MRO) organizations. The announcement was made at the MRO 2004, the worlds largest conference a nd exhibition for the global MRO industry. Separately, UGS PLM Solutions announ ced the enhancement of its Teamcenter solution for Aerospace and Defense (see
Teamcente r Aerospace & Defense press release
issued today). Teamcenter is UGS PLM Solutionss PLM industry-leading portfolio of configu rable lifecycle domain and industry solutions, uniting product knowledge with pr ocess innovation to deliver business value throughout the product lifecycle. Th e Teamcenter In-Service solution has been validated by the production deployment of PLM to the point-of-service across a range of industries -- from commercial aerospace to military aviation to shipbuilding, even to competitive NASCAR racin g. Teamcenter In-Service is the cornerstone of UGS PLM Solutions strate gy to deliver solutions to the support, or in-service, phase of the product life cycle, said Tony Affuso, president and CEO of UGS PLM Solutions. We re breaking new ground by optimizing MRO planning and execution and delive ring product knowledge to an entirely new user base -- mechanics and technicians at the point of service. Teamcenter in-Service provides unprecedented service productivity and improved fleet availability across multiple industries.
Teamcenter In-Service Benefits
With total visibility to product-related knowledge, service crews can improve pe rformance, maintenance planners can optimize asset up-time and reduce service tu rnaround time and enterprises can grow their after-sales service revenues. Teamc enter In-Service allows original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to maximize the visibility of the operation al side of the product lifecycle and owners/operators to optimize the value of t heir operational assets. With access to the product information in Teamcenter, our front-line race teams can correlate test data to specific vehicle and engine configurations, 8; said Jim Wall, chief engineer, Engine Operations, Hendrick Motorsports. “ ;The link between performance and product configurations, which Teamcenter makes immediately available, allows our race teams to quickly identify and respond wi th the optimal vehicle configuration for any race situation. The increasing technical complexity of aerospace assets, combined with a g rowing shortage of experienced repair technicians, increases the need for a Prod uct Lifecycle Management (PLM) system that provides efficient access to product knowledge, said Michael Burkett, AMR Research, in an April 12, 2004 articl e entitled, PLM Bridges the Gap between Design and Aftermarket Support. T he sharing of product and technical information must be fluid to support the inc reasing fragmentation of design, manufacturing, and Maintenance, Repair, and Ove rhaul (MRO) business processes. Teamcenter provides the PLM backbone to support MRO with its capabilities for co nfiguration management and part serialization; asset tracking; document manageme nt including service and maintenance manuals and visual publishing; service bull etins and change control, vendor management, workflow/process management; and re al-time collaboration.
Improving Product and Service Quality
With total asset visibility, Teamcenter In-Service provides service teams with a full range of continuous product knowledge management that defines an enterpris es operational assets and service offerings from concept design to build-t o-service deployment. This comprehensive set of knowledge includes:
- All product configurations and lifecycle states managed in a single integrated environment.
- All product documentation, including requirements, procedures, qualification s and lifecycle usage linked to product configurations.
- Managing Product Configurations Teamcenter In-Service provides total configuration knowledge throughout the enti re lifecycle, including views to a full range of product configurations, as well as to product and process knowledge associated with each configuration. This ba se of knowledge with Teamcenters advanced search and navigation features a llows enterprises to:
- Access configuration, product and process knowledge for every stage in the p roduct lifecycle.
- Improve service-related decision-making by assessing change impact for all c onfigurations of products in all lifecycle states
- Incorporate service experiences into future product and service offerings. Optimizing Service Execution Teamcenter In-Service improves service team productivity, or wrench time,& #148; through:
- Providing secure access to accurate, integrated service, configuration and p roduct knowledge from anywhere, on any Web-enabled device.
- Delivering the right product and process knowledge in the right format to se rvice teams at their point of need.
- Integrating the knowledge base of engineering and service teams to support c ollaboration for faster turn-around time.
- About UGS PLM Solutions UGS PLM Solutions, a leader in product data management, collaboration and produc t design software and services with 42,000 clients and more than 2.8 million sea ts of technology operating in the market, is the product lifecycle management (P LM) subsidiary of EDS. The company works collaboratively with its clients to cr eate solutions enabling them to transform their process of innovation and thus b egin to capture the promise of PLM. The integration of the former operations of companies including Structural Dynamics Research Corporation (SDRC), Engineering Animation Inc. (EAI) an d UGS, UGS PLM Solutions has created some of the leading design, collaboration a nd product data management technologies that ultimately formed the foundation of the PLM industry. Today, the company is a family of one, building on three dec ades of leadership in continuing to be a pioneer in PLM. For more information o n UGS PLM Solutions products and services, visit www.ugsplm.com. Note: Teamcenter is a registered trademark of UGS PLM Solutions Inc. or its sub sidiaries in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks, reg istered trademarks or service marks belong to their respective holders.