Ground Vibration Testing
Dedicated, integrated engineering solution for test preparation, modal survey testing and analysis, numerical model correlation, model updating and exploitation
Shortly before a new aircraft’s maiden flight or after significant structural modification of existing aircraft, ground vibration testing and modal survey testing are administered. The vibration test experimentally measures the dynamic characteristics of the aircraft in different configurations to validate the models used during the aircraft design and for flutter behavior prediction.
The LMS Test.Lab Ground Vibration Testing solution can help you reduce testing and analysis time without compromising the accuracy of the results. The Ground Vibration Testing solution allows you to obtain a robust experimental modal model, using a wide range of excitation techniques combined with the LMS Test.Lab Polymax modal parameter estimator.
Pre-test virtual ground vibration testing reduces the risk of missing critical modes during the physical test. By means of LMS Virtual.Lab pre-test and correlation, virtual ground vibration testing studies assess vehicle modes and identify the risks for test planning as well as effective placement of instrumentation and aircraft suspension.
In addition, LMS Engineering provides you with assistance and technology transfer services for large-scale modal tests. Our engineers partner with your team to cooperatively deliver high quality results and introduce proven methodologies into your organization.
¿Está interesado en esta solución?
Accelerated Ground Vibration and Modal Survey Testing
Accelerated ground vibration and modal survey testing offer you:
- Reduced test time with easily recoverable channel setup for all acquisition applications
- Applications built on the same LMS Test.Lab platform
- Integrated database system for managing instrumentation configuration, test data and preliminary analysis results
- Fast assessment of nonlinear behavior
- Fast and easy data reporting
- Immediate data validation without switching between applications
- Reduced test cycles for ground vibration testing
- Seamless integration with LMS Test.Lab Modal Analysis and LMS Virtual.Lab Correlation and Updating solutions