UniCam FX and Test Expert Electronics Manufacturing Software
Siemens provides the most widely used solutions to address the critical needs of electronics manufacturers. Today, these manufacturers must bring cost-effective products to market faster than ever before, while meeting a variety of challenges. UniCam FX, Test Expert (formerly Fabmaster), and SIMATIC IT MES address these issues, and more:
- Manufacturing a growing mix of complex products quickly, efficiently, and with high quality
- Meeting customer and regulatory demands like traceability and lead-free manufacturing
- Feeding critical as-built information back to enterprise systems
Using UniCam FX, Test Expert, and SIMATIC IT MES, manufacturers will build better products with smarter planning and smarter production.
Smarter Planning: UniCam FX and Test Expert
UniCam FX and Test Expert (formerly Fabmaster) put low-cost, easy-to-use lean manufacturing capabilities firmly in your grasp, and allow you to get the new product introduction (NPI) process right the first time:
- Use UniCam FX to program the broad spectrum of electronics assembly equipment, including surface-mount technology (SMT), automated optical inspection (AOI), dispense, screen printers, through-hole technology (THT), manual assembly, and more.
- For low-mix, high-volume manufacturers, UniCam FX is the perfect solution to create accurate multi-job setups. Improve productivity on your SMT lines by reducing changeover time by as much as 75 percent.
- For high-volume manufacturing, UniCam FX advanced machine optimization dramatically increases line throughput and reduces bottlenecks
- Create and deliver paperless documentation directly to the shop floor using UniCam FX, UniDoc FX and ViewStation FX.
- Test Expert offers complete flexibility and control during fixture design and flying probe selection, and eases flying probe access on dense boards with a global probe offset tool
- Test Expert provides immediate feedback to designers and reduces testing costs by verifying design for test (DFT) rules before fabrication.
- Test Expert reduces cycle times on variants of the same board by managing attributes such as device types, values, and tolerances, as well as package and pad sizes/shapes.
- Test Expert automatically generates programs and inputs for a wide range of commonly used in-circuit test (ICT), flying probe testers, X-ray and AOI machines.
Smarter Production: SIMATIC IT MES
SIMATIC IT powers quality, efficiency and productivity on the shop floor.
- Minimize the risk of product recalls and ensure compliance with regulations with product and process traceability
- Enable tight production control
- Provide real-time visibility to work-in-progress (WIP), raw material and finished goods
- Systematically improve key quality metrics by detecting early occurrences of deviation
- Reduce repair costs and excessive rework
- “Go green” by eliminating shop-floor paper travelers
- Reduce errors in managing engineering change order (ECO)
- Meet ISO and customer Audit Requirements
- Create, schedule and share web-based Manufacturing Reports