Process Simulate for Robotics and Automation
Increased complexity of products and manufacturing processes presents manufacturers with time-to-market and asset optimization challenges. Manufacturing engineering teams are expected to deliver flawless product launches while adhering to cost, quality and production launch targets. To meet these challenges, leading manufacturers need to utilize organizational knowledge and 3D models of product designs and manufacturing resources in order to virtually validate their manufacturing processes prior to the start of production.
Process Simulate provides the answer to these issues through the design and validation of manufacturing processes in a 3D dynamic environment that is fully integrated within a data-managed environment, where manufacturing engineers can re-use, author, validate and optimize manufacturing process sequences with realistic behavior. Process Simulate supports a variety of robotic and automation processes allowing for simulation and commissioning of complete production systems.
Process Simulate enables increased speed-to-market by allowing you to validate manufacturing concepts virtually, early in the product development process and throughout the lifecycle of product introductions.
Key Capabilities and Benefits
- 3D process design and simulation based on industry-standard JT visualization data
- Robotic path planning, reach test, and smart placement
- 3D manufacturing resource models with integrated control logic
- Logic-driven simulation utilizing boolean and analog signaling
- Event-based simulation driven from actual programmable logic controller (PLC) code and hardware over standard OLE for process control (OPC) protocol
- Reduced cost of change with early detection of product design issues
- Reduced number of physical prototypes through virtual validation
- Optimized cycle times through simulation
- Virtual validation of both mechanical and electrical (PLC and robotics) system components and processes
- Promotes collaboration among mechanical design and controls departments