Factory design, layout and installation often take more time than should be necessary. The more time it takes to bring a factory online, the more it can impact the corporate bottom line, due to potential delays in revenue generation or missed market opportunities. Many typical factory layout processes are prone to error, because design teams have a difficult time understanding the impact of equipment placement on the factory floor within a generic, 2D layout environment. Those same misunderstandings can be costly not just because of the numerous iterations involved but because, if not caught early enough, they will have an even costlier impact during setup and installation.
FactoryCAD is a factory layout application that gives you everything you need to create detailed, intelligent factory models. Instead of having to draw lines, arcs, and circles, FactoryCAD allows you to work with "smart objects" that represent virtually all of the resources used in a Factory, from floor and overhead conveyors, mezzanines and cranes to material handling containers and operators. With these objects, you can "snap" together a layout model without wasting time drawing the equipment.
Using FactoryCAD, you will gain critical insight into your factory layout and installation processes. Having a complete understanding of the entire factory and its processes is essential to developing factories right the first time. Only FactoryCAD can provide this capability.
Key Capabilities and Benefits
- Easily import tooling and product models (NX, JT, Solid Edge, Parasolid, etc.)
- Layout and plan facilities in 3D
- Accelerated model development with smart objects
- Parametric object and system toolkit
- As much as 90 percent faster than traditional 3D modeling
- Create 2D/3D models in less time with less effort
- Discover and resolve design problems early in the layout process
- Data re-use makes the layout information more valuable
- Reduce interpretation errors
- As much as 95 percent reduction in 3D file sizes, as compared to AutoCAD®