CAM Express Foundation
Modular packages start with Foundation
CAM Express is available as a modular, flexible configuration of solutions, starting with the CAM Express Foundation software seat. CAM Express Foundation provides all of the supporting functions required for NC programming:
- Data translation
- Assembly modeling of the machining environment
- Model editing functions to prepare models for NC programming, including synchronous modeling capabilities.
- Material removal visualization and verification
- Access to machining parameter library with proven machining data
- Post processing, including the interactive post builder application
- Shop documentation
- On-line help
With the CAM Express Foundation as the starting point, add the NC programming capabilities your application requires:
- Turning Add-on - provides full range of turning tool paths, including teach-mode and other manual methods for fine control.
- Wire EDM Add-on – provides 4 axis wire programming, including special entry/exit moves and no-core roughing options.
- 2.5 Axis Milling Add-on – provides roughing, re-roughing, facing, z-level finishing, and holemaking methods including manual positioning and feature based automation.
- 3 Axis Milling Add-on – provides extensive, high-speed capable, fixed axis cutting capabilities for complex surfaces, including raster, offset, and interpolated patterns, with steep/non-steep recognition, valley rest milling, and facet machining.
- 5 Axis Milling Add-on – provides extensive capabilities for simultaneous multi-axis cutting of complex surfaces, including both automatic and manual methods, multiple drive options and a wide variety of tool axis control.
- Turbomachinery Milling Add-on – provides process-specific NC programming functions that help you produce 5-axis tool paths for blisks and impellers for faster machining times, better surface finish, and longer tool life.
- Machine Simulation Add-on – provides a complete kinematic machine environment for visualizing complex motion, including g-code level simulation of collision checking and multi-channel synchronization for the most accurate results.
- Feature Based Machining Author Add-on – provides capabilities to create and modify rules-driven automation processes and feature geometry definitions in the Machining Knowledge Editor.
CAM Express is designed to be used independently of any specific CAD system. It has key industry translators for data import.
Integrated with Solid Edge and NX
CAM Express is also available for integrated use with Siemens PLM Software CAD applications (NX or Solid Edge) based on the same packages outlined above.