Solid Edge System Requirements and Information
Operating System Requirements and Information
This release of Solid Edge has been certified to run on the following:
- Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, or Professional (64-bit only) with Service Pack 1
- Windows 8 or 8.1 Pro or Enterprise (64-bit only)
- Windows 10 Enterprise or Professional (64-bit only) version 1511 or later
- Internet Explorer 11
Note: Solid Edge is 64-bit only. Solid Edge ST6 was the last release of 32-bit Solid Edge.
Windows Home and Windows RT are not supported.
Solid Edge stops certifying new releases against an operating system shortly after Microsoft drops mainstream support for it. The latest release of Solid Edge (ST10) will not install on Windows Vista or Windows XP. Microsoft dropped mainstream support for Windows 7 in January 2015. Solid Edge (ST10) continues to install on Windows 7, however, if there is a Windows 7 specific problem, we cannot guarantee that a fix can be provided if support is required from Microsoft.
Note: Solid Edge ST10 is the last Solid Edge release to support Windows 7.
Solid Edge does not support the Windows 10 browser, Microsoft Edge.
Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update) is required for using Pen Inking or the Microsoft Dial with Solid Edge.
Hardware System Requirements
- Recommended system configuration
- 64-bit Windows 10 operating system
- 8 GB RAM or more
- True Color (32-bit) or 16 million colors (24-bit)
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher, widescreen format
- Minimum system configuration
- Any of the above 64-bit operating systems
- 4 GB RAM or more
- 65K colors
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher
- 6.0 GB of disk space is required to install Solid Edge
We recommend that you do not run Solid Edge on Server operating systems.
Internet Explorer is not required to be the default browser.
Some Solid Edge commands require Microsoft Excel. Solid Edge stops testing with Microsoft products shortly after Microsoft drops mainstream support for them. Microsoft dropped mainstream support for Office 2007 in October 2012. Microsoft dropped mainstream support for Office 2010 in October 2015. Solid Edge ST9 was the last release to support Office 2010. With the latest release of Solid Edge, we recommend Microsoft Office Professional 2013 or Microsoft Office Professional 2016.