MCAD Software Components
Leading mechanical computer-aided design (MCAD) applications adopt PLM Components
Many of the world’s leading mechanical computer-aided design (MCAD) software vendors use our software components to enable the rapid design, visualization and validation of digital 3D products and to improve interoperability with their MCAD applications. The following customers are among those 3D software development organizations who benefit from Parasolid, D-Cubed, Kineo and JT Open toolkit software components:
Digital 3D Product Design
The most widely adopted modeling component for MCAD software, Parasolid supports history-based and direct modeling applications and demanding degrees of complexity. Comprehensive design tools enable rapid creation of new models as well as simple and intuitive model editing to support design iteration and reuse. Most MCAD applications implement D-Cubed geometric constraint solvers to enhance productivity and capture design intent. D-Cubed 2D DCM enables parametric sketching. D-Cubed 3D DCM solves assembly relationships, 3D part shape and routing configurations. D-Cubed PGM enables 2D parametric offset profile computations.
Geometric Model Validation
Our components enable virtual product verification to reduce the need for physical prototyping:
- Parasolid provides interference analysis as standard.
- D-Cubed Collision Detection Manager and Kineo Collision Detector provide collision and clearance computations optimized for demanding environments, including motion simulation and point clouds.
- KineoWorks enables rapid assembly/disassembly verification in digital mockup with collision-free path planning.
- D-Cubed 3D DCM supports kinematic simulation by solving assembly relationships.
- D-Cubed AEM enables interactive mechanism and assembly simulation on the CAD model, accurately simulating part contact and motion and the effects of forces and engineering devices.
3D Model Visualization
Parasolid provides a suite of graphical and rendering functions to support 3D model visualization. Drawings remain an important part of many CAD workflows. You can use Parasolid and D-Cubed Hidden Line Manager (HLM) to compute accurate hidden line views to create high-quality engineering drawings and technical illustrations.
MCAD Software Interoperability
CAD applications need to reliably exchange models with other applications. Parasolid enables direct read/write of the Parasolid XT format which reduces import and export errors. Advanced capabilities such as tolerance to errors – together with supporting data translators and the Parasolid Bodyshop geometry repair tool – make Parasolid the ideal foundation for working with data formats other than XT. We offer the JT Open toolkit to independent software vendors to rapidly facilitate 3D data visualization and collaboration with JT (the ISO standard file format for viewing and sharing 3D digital product information).