LMS Virtual.Lab Transfer Path Analysis
Load force identification, forced response and path and modal contribution analysis
LMS Virtual.Lab Transfer Path Analysis is a tool set to determine acting loads from physical prototype testing data and to predict and assess system noise and vibration response under operational loading. Using this solution, you can:
- Identify operational loads from measured vibrations through load force identification analysis
- Use these loads in detailed noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) engineering, troubleshooting and target setting
LMS Virtual.Lab Transfer Path Analysis provides estimation methods to calculate loads that represent realistic customer use. This includes a direct method to compute forces by multiplying measured displacement difference over a mount by the frequency-dependent mount characteristics. This mount stiffness method is best used when the connecting stiffness is known, which is usually true for engine mounts.
LMS Virtual.Lab Transfer Path Analysis also includes an inverse method in which loads are estimated from operational responses and transfer functions. This method is used for relatively stiff connections, such as suspension bushings, that show small displacement differences over the connection.
You can also obtain acoustic loads, such as volume accelerations and volume velocities by using operational pressures and acoustical transfer functions instead of their structural equivalents.
You can perform root cause analysis and target setting exercises using:
- Fast modal and FRF-based response solvers
- Path and modal contribution assessment tools
Using a variety of NVH-specific postprocessing utilities you can visualize the responses and compare them with predefined or imported targets.
Transfer Path Analysis Capabilities
Transfer Path Analysis provides you with these features:
- Load identification from test or simulation data based on mount stiffness or inverse methods
- Fast FRF and modal-based forced response solvers
- Path and modal contribution analysis to determine the root cause of noise and vibration problems
Transfer Path Analysis Benefits
Transfer Path Analysis helps you:
- Determine loads acting on the structure or the strength of an acoustic source using state-of-the-art functionality to estimate operational loads from measurement data
- Access the best available test and CAE data at any time
- Make fast and accurate NVH predictions with embedded FRF and modal-based NVH response solvers
- Gain insight into structural and acoustical contributions