Correlation and Pre-test Analysis
Use correlation analysis to prepare structural tests and analyze physical test results
LMS Virtual.Lab Correlation and Pre-test Analysis offers tools to help ensure that you use high quality finite element (FE) models in your CAE environment, and that you employ correct sensor and excitation locations in a dynamic physical structure test environment.
In pre-test analysis, you can create optimal test geometry from an existing FE model. Pre-test analysis interactively creates a test wireframe on top of the FE mesh and directly quantifies its quality with respect to relevant mode capturing and modal excitation. In case of poor sensor location set quality, pre-test analysis provides an easy way to analyze why the FE model was off target. You can easily change the test geometry and directly assess new quality levels using the modal assurance criterion (MAC). Use the driving point residue (DPR) criterion for the excitation point set.
Correlation analysis allows you to easily and quickly compare the dynamic behavior of two models, addressing incompatible test or FE meshes. It helps you to quantitatively articulate the degree of shape correlation using a MAC matrix. The best correlating mode shapes can be listed in a mode pair table. If the MAC values are too low to subjectively correlate the modes, the MAC contribution (MACco) criterion points out the differences for you to examine. In this way, you can verify different modeling assumptions by comparing verification data (that is, FE data) to reference data (that is, measurement data). This improves model and simulation reliability. The software also offers other standard correlation tools like orthogonality check and frequency response assurance criterion (FRAC).
Correlation and Pre-test Analysis Capabilities
Correlation and Pre-test Analysis provides you with these features:
- Universal access to test and FE data for models, modes and frequency spectra
- MAC and MACco support error localization
- Mode pair table
- Visual shape correlation for side-by-side FE or test model animation
- Transfer function comparison between two models using FRAC
- Orthogonality check for better dynamic correlation
- DPR for shaker location identification
- Data export to LMS Test.Lab or a universal file format
Correlation and Pre-test Analysis Benefits
Correlation and Pre-test Analysis helps you:
- Improve measurements by defining optimal sensor and excitation device location
- Increase measurement productivity with direct LMS Test.Lab integration
- Confirm FE simulation model validity using measurements
- Identify modeling errors or evaluate modeling strategies
- Compare and validate FE models based on test data