Deliver smarter industrial machinery, reduce development time and mitigate delivery risk
In the world of industrial machinery manufacturing, there is one word that can describe the current challenges these companies face: “Complexity.” This complexity includes:
- A rapidly increasing amount of software required inside machines
- Competitive globalization
- Shrinking margins
- Customer requirements for more customized machines
- Environmental and government regulations
- Industry 4.0 and additional smart factory initiatives
In the face of these pressures, it is clear that machines need to be smarter. If you aren’t able to address the complexity that comes with adding software to your machines, develop an advanced machine from customer requirements or compete aggressively on a global basis, the days of profitable growth are limited. Essentially, the core requirement is to become more innovative in the machine design and operation as well as the development process.
Industrial machinery manufacturers must be able to design, engineer and commission machines virtually in order to optimize performance, improve quality and maximize margins. In doing so, you can also improve the speed and efficiency of the design process chain, increase collaboration across the domains, ensure reproducibility and efficiency of manufacturing processes, and meet regulatory needs with advanced mechatronic design.
We call this new, more efficient approach “Mission-Driven Machines,” because it enables industrial machinery manufacturers to develop smarter machines at a lower cost and manage development process effectively in this complex environment.
Advanced Machine Engineering for Industrial Machinery
The Siemens PLM Software machinery solution, Advanced Machine Engineering solution, enables this virtual machine design, development and commissioning that is critical to addressing complexity. This means you can more easily re-use designs and best practices, and connect the virtual machine and CNC design with real commissioning during the development of new machines. With this solution, the entire machine – every part, control, operation as well as all associated software and the machine commissioning process – is simulated before the machine is even built.
You can further accelerate this productivity via the Industrial Machinery Catalyst which helps you:
- Maximize re-use of platform architecture, library resources, bills-of-materials (BOMs) and platform and product configuration management
- Drive technical specification requirements using integrated mechanical and electrical design and drawings management
- Use project management to satisfy specific requirements
- Integrate change management to improve quality and speed
- Provide a model-centric drawing release process