Electronics and Semiconductor Catalyst Ensures Best Practices
The electronics and semiconductor catalyst accelerates time-to-value for critical industry business processes
Consumer and industrial electronics and semiconductor device manufacturers face a narrowing window of product profitability that is driven by rapid product obsolescence and growing product complexity. Siemens PLM Software’s product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions help companies like yours address product profitability, get to market faster and reduce costs while improving quality and market position.
Electronics and semiconductor companies share a common set of processes that are unique to the industry. The electronics catalyst implements leading practices to optimize these processes throughout the entire product lifecycle – from concept planning, component identification and procurement, detailed design, prototype and testing, and into production and product service – allowing you to devote more of your time and resources to product innovation.
Developed through extensive experience with our customers throughout the electronics and semiconductor industry, the Siemens PLM Software electronics and semiconductor catalyst speeds the implementation of PLM, enables critical industry best practices and ensures a future-proof environment.
Electronics and semiconductor catalyst speeds deployment and ensures industry best practice
The electronics and semiconductor catalyst greatly reduces upfront challenges and provides you with a solution that is aligned with proven, ready-to-use electronics and semiconductor industry best practices, including:
- A product and part maturity progression model that optimizes new product development and introduction (NPDI) visibility and supports risk management
- Part lifecycle process management that is extended to manage electronic-specific part types
- Bill of materials (BOM) lifecycle process management elements to manage the complexities of electronics BOM changes
- Document lifecycle process management that increases and supports critical product and process quality document types
- Multistep and fast-track workflows that enable flexible and agile change processes
Additionally, the electronics and semiconductor catalyst aligns the Teamcenter software user interface with the industry nomenclature, practices and terminology, making it even more intuitive. This increases the adoption rate, enhances best practices and shortens the time-to-value of PLM in your company.