Online Software Training
Siemens self-paced training through Learning Advantage is a convenient, easy-to-use e-learning portal that provides educators and students with:
- Skills and knowledge of PLM software through cost-effective and time-efficient methods
- Online library access to more than 1,000 NX, Teamcenter and Tecnomatix self-paced courses and assessments for less than the price of a textbook
- Augmented classroom and lab experiences through online interactive learning
Educators and students at Siemens PLM Software academic partners get free access.
“There is simply not enough time in our curriculum to cover every aspect of the software. The projects we ask students to perform in NX and Teamcenter require them to dig a bit deeper than the concepts we demonstrate to them. So Learning Advantage helps us supplement what we demonstrate to the students in class. It also helps train our faculty. We use it to keep our skills sharp and to expand into areas we may want to demonstrate to our students.”
– Nate Hartman, assistant department head and associate professor
Purdue University Department of Computer Graphics
Self-assessment tools enable students to:
- Train at their own pace
- Measure and validate application knowledge
- Track and record their progress throughout each course
- Strengthen skills and improve resumes with certificates of completion
“Learning Advantage is a great tool for both educators and students. Today's students are more adept at learning new technologies and exploring all the features in CAD and PLM software. Learning Advantage helps students isolate issues and provides a concise learning plan to address them. Its self-paced format helps me stay ahead of my students and develop comprehensive lesson plans covering sometimes overlooked features in the software. In the future, I will also use Learning Advantage’s online assessments for testing my students’ skills.”
– Joe Vanstrom, instructor and program chair
Iowa Western Community College
Learning Advantage’s catalog of self-paced courses and assessments are primarily in English but many of them are available in German, Japanese and Chinese.
Free Instructor-Led Classes
Educators at Siemens PLM Software academic partners can attend our center-based instructor-led training for free (that is, class fees are waived). To check space availability, e-mail your regional account manager. For the U.S., you can find a class.
Cal State Mechanical Team Co-Lead David Schmidt attended a week-long NX design course at the Siemens PLM Software facility in Cypress, CA. “I was proficient enough in NX for design to come back to my team and teach other members. The result was us being able to use NX and FEA to design and build new parts for our Chevy Malibu.”