Siemens PLM cordially invites you for an informative and educational day covering the process and best practices for predicting and optimizing rotating machinery dynamics.
This seminar can help you answer questions like:
- What is an order? How does it get measured?
- What is torsional vibration? What type of problems does it cause and how can they be solved?
- How can viewing data in the angle domain, rather than time domain, give me insight into problems?
- What kinds of unique problems do gears and bearings have? How can they be analyzed and solved?
- What unique frequency signatures are generated by electric motors?
- What issues do hydraulic pumps show?
In this seminar, both simulation and test methods will be presented in an interactive, side-by-side format.
8 a.m. Welcome and coffee
8:30 a.m. Order Analysis and Tracking
- What is an order? How is it calculated?
- How are orders measured, simulated and interpreted?
- Review of orders generated by common equipment
9:30 a.m. Torsional Vibration
- What is torsional vibration?
- How are torsional vibrations measured and analyzed?
- Resonances, drivelines, engines and other examples
- Lumped parameter models of torsional vibration
10 a.m. Break
10:15 a.m. Gears
- Gear transmission error
- Gear sideband orders: eccentric gears and offset rotation
11:30 a.m. Lunch
12:30 p.m. Bearings
- Bearing frequencies: inner race, outer race, fundamental train frequency
- Bearing faults and envelope analysis
1 p.m. Pumps
- Hydraulic pump basics
1:30 p.m. Electric Motors
- AC and DC motors
- Combutation orders
- Switching frequencies and PWM Controllers
2 p.m. Break
2:15 p.m. Balancing
- Imbalance: mass versus speed effects
- Influence coefficients
- Shaft centerline plots
2:45 p.m. Angle Domain Processing
- Angle versus time data
- Viewing data in degrees, revolutions or cycles
- Examples of angle domain analysis: piston slap, pilot ignition, etc.
3:15 p.m. Resonances
- What is a resonances? How is it identified?
- Operational deflection shapes
- CAE and test correlation
4:30 p.m. Close
Siemens PLM Software
10824 Hope St
Cypress, CA 90630