We invite you to join us for an informative and educational day covering the basics of Modal Analysis and FEA-Test Correlation on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 in Wichita, KS.
This seminar can help you answer questions like:
This seminar is designed for anyone who wants to learn how to perform modal analysis. Live demonstrations will be given throughout to help reinforce the topics.
In this free seminar, both simulation and test software will be presented, as well as a live demonstration of modal testing.
8:00 a.m. Welcome and coffee
8:30 a.m. Structural Dynamics
- Frequency response functions (FRFs)
- Excitation techniques (hammers, shakers, etc.)
9:15 a.m. Measurement Considerations
- Sampling rate, blocksize, acquisition time
- Bandwidth, spectral lines, frequency resolution
- Window (hanning, flattop, etc.) and leakage
10:00 a.m. Break
10:15 a.m. Measurement Considerations cont.
- FFTs, phase, autopowers
- Autopowers vs. power spectral density (PSDs)
11:30 a.m. Lunch and Tour of UK Acoustics Lab
12:30 p.m. Structural Analysis
- Modal curve-fitting techniques
- Modal synthesis
- Modal assurance criterion (MAC)
2:00 p.m. Break
2:15 p.m. Structural Analysis
- Modification prediction
- Accelerometer mass compensation
- FE-Test correlation
4:30 p.m. End
National Center for Aviation Training
300 Building, S Wing, S210
4004 N Webb Rd
Wichita, KS 67226