Aerospace and Defense Materials Driven Product Design and PLM
Managing material data and integrating it with the product lifecycle is critical to the development of complex, innovative products. Especially important to the Aerospace and Defense industry, is the development and management of new materials to apply to product design for stepping up the pace of innovation.
In our world of material driven product designs, end-to-end material data management reduces development costs by delivering immediate value, such as:
- Enterprise-wide use of approved material information for mission-critical product functions, such as design, engineering, compliance, simulation and manufacturing
- A gateway to critical material databases and online material catalogs
- Reliable synchronization between products and associated materials
- Readily available materials decision information for each discipline in the design lifecycle
In this webinar, hosted by IEEE GLobalspec, we will highlight how establishing and maintaining an intimate integration between the materials considered for use in a product and the product's bill-of-materials (BOM) is crucial to delivering successful, innovative and compliant products.
- Brett Verhoef, PLM Strategist, Orbital ATK
- Denise Massa, Validation Engineer, General Motors
- David H. Riemer, Vice President, Aerospace and Defense Strategy, Siemens PLM Software
- Understand the importance of reliable synchronization between products and associated materials
- Learn the fundamentals of enterprise-wide use of approved material information for mission-critical product functions - such as design, engineering, simulation, purchasing, compliance and manufacturing
- Discover how customers are using Teamcenter integrated material management to create innovative, successful products