Advanced Machine Engineering for Industrial Machinery
Solutions for industrial machinery and machine tool design
Increasing global competition, market demands and regulatory mandates require industrial machinery companies – who serve multiple industries – to continuously innovate and optimize their products. To be successful in today’s global industrial machinery market, you need to build Mission-Driven Machines that are smarter, more functional and easier to maintain. The market expects maximum uptime not only on a day-to-day basis, but also to remain productive for years.
These goals are compounded by the fact that today’s new product development (NPD) process is comprised of hundreds of decision points and parallel work flows across multiple disciplines that take place in a global context. You need a product lifecycle management (PLM) platform that enables your company to flourish in this complex business environment by making smarter decisions and better products.
Many industrial machinery manufacturers find themselves facing an increasing number of new requirements, such as the demand for more flexible machine tool designs that can be rapidly adapted to new products, as well as for machines that can be easily integrated into existing plants. Another crucial challenge requires manufacturers to drastically reduce the time it takes to develop new industrial equipment, while ensuring that these machines can operate at close to 100 percent uptime. Equally important, the basis of competition is shifting toward delivering excellence in service and parts management.
Given these challenges, the following questions become key business issues:
- How do you ensure profitable growth and maintain your margins in a globally competitive environment?
- How do you deal with the increasing pressure to improve operational performance while meeting escalating customer requirements and multiple configurations?
- How do you improve the productivity of your NPD process so it can operate faster, deliver better and more constant product quality, and minimize lifecycle costs?
- How can you commission your machines more quickly at your customers’ sites?
- How can you improve the profitability of your service operations?
Enabling the plan-to-production innovation process can be difficult. With Siemens PLM Software’s Advanced Machine Engineering solution, however, your company can begin the PLM journey and improve productivity. Advanced Machine Engineering ensures greater certainty in the development of mature machines, reducing ramp-up time in production through virtual design and commissioning, resulting in better upfront validation, short commissioning times, and more immediate productivity.
The benefits of Advanced Machine Engineering include:
- Concurrent, multidisciplinary collaboration
- Optimized iterative system design and verification
- Capture and re-use of institutional knowledge, configurations and best practices
- Early concept and mechatronic validation
- Reduction of physical prototypes and increased confidence in your commissioning process
- Reduced development time, delivery risk and costs
Siemens AG completes the Advanced Machine Engineering solution with the SINUMERIK product line, a full portfolio of CNC machinery solutions that help increase productivity and efficiency while simplifying the production process.