As industries are pressed to meet timing and flexibility within manufacturing systems, it is necessary to make sure that all aspects of the system have been validated before costly purchasing and installation decisions take place. With the high cost of automation equipment, such as robots and flexible tooling systems, it is necessary to make sure that the equipment is functioning to maximum efficiency and productivity in order to realize optimal returns on the investment. This is true for both new manufacturing systems and mid-cycle changes to existing production systems. Typical manual methods are no longer sufficient to develop and support these complex manufacturing systems. Manual methods require that many experts work in a non-collaborative fashion, which can result in improper installation, leading to a variety of costly manufacturing changes. In general, these methods cannot account for all of the checks necessary to create efficient manufacturing systems.
Robcad is a workcell design and simulation tool that allows you to develop, simulate, optimize, validate, and offline program multi-device robotic and automated manufacturing processes, all within the context of configured product and resource data. These full-action mockups of complete manufacturing cells and systems within a 3D environment provide a platform to optimize processes and calculate cycle times throughout the various stages of the development timeline, from concept through implementation.
Robcad fully integrates core technologies and a powerful set of process-specific applications addressing a wide range of manufacturing processes including spot welding, arc welding, laser and water-jet cutting, painting and spraying, and material handling.
Key Capabilities and Benefits
- Interoperability with mainstream CAD systems
- 3D layout definition of automation workcells
- Accurate simulation and synchronization of multiple robots and mechanisms
- Extensive library of standard robot models and robot controller configurations
- Automation tools for robot placement, equipment selection, path planning and optimization, program generation and collision detection
- Reduced process engineering lead time
- Increased manufacturing quality, accuracy and profitability
- Accurate robot programs downloaded to the shop floor
- Increased production equipment utilization for maximum return
- Problems detected and solved with simulation during early stages of planning
- Validated and optimized welding programs based on corporate specifications
- Reduced cost reflected from process development through to implementation