Dimensional Planning & Validation
Manufacturing products that conform to quality requirements involves a significant investment in inspection and measurement processes, technology and equipment. Whether you are a single-plant supplier or a large multi-national OEM, you must efficiently leverage these investments to quickly ramp-up to volume production, spot trends and rapidly arrive at root-cause when non-conformances occur.
Yet today, many quality departments still spend too much time collecting, organizing and reporting on quality data, which prevents them from proactively mediating or effectively responding to production problems.
Dimensional Planning and Validation (DPV) is a closed-loop system for the real-time collection of measured quality data which automates data collection, organization and reporting so that your quality teams spend more time improving dimensional quality while reducing scrap, rework and production losses.
Whether you need to coordinate and manage a global production footprint (DPV Enterprise), or simply improve a single facility’s results (DPV Lite), Siemens PLM Software’s DPV solution can deliver significant improvements in product quality while reducing your overall cost of quality.
Key Capabilities and Benefits
- Enterprise visibility to quality information
- Closed-loop quality planning and traceability
- In-depth analysis of as-built quality data
- Capture virtually any information from virtually any device
- Full association to product, process, resource and plant information
- Historical reporting handles large amounts of collected information
- Relate quality trends directly to production processes
- Statistical analysis tied to 3D geometry
- Web-based collaboration
- Unique analytical toolset
- Reduce cost to achieve quality targets
- Decrease factory downtime and time-to-market
- Increase end product quality
- Boost inspection equipment productivity
- Identify quality trends before they impact delivery
- Reduce rework and repairs by finding root cause more quickly
- Flexible deployment options from single plant to global footprint