Expedite Quality Proposals, Increase Margin Control and Speed Order-to-Cash Times
The Rulestream Engineer-to-Order solution from Siemens addresses the unique challenges of engineer-to-order (ETO) manufacturers with a comprehensive approach spanning sales, engineering and manufacturing. By capturing engineering knowledge and using this to automate key business processes across the enterprise, Rulestream Engineer-to-order clients have increased sales and win rates while reducing internal operating expenses and shortening lead times for custom products. The solution integrates seamlessly with existing ERP, PLM and CAD systems, helping custom product manufacturers respond to customer-specific orders more rapidly, accurately and efficiently.
The Rulestream Engineer-to-Order solution is part of an emerging class of enterprise software, called standards-based engineering, designed to capture, manage and reuse corporate intellectual property to automate engineering processes for best-in-class manufacturers. Leading standards-based engineering solutions are flexible, scalable, and designed to enhance and extend existing Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Engineering Resource Planning (ERP) implementations.
The Rulestream Engineer-to-Order Continuous Improvement Loop
The Rulestream Engineer-to-Order solution from Siemens establishes a closed loop learning system that delivers continuous improvement to promote lean processes and facilitate extensive reuse that underscores innovation. The result is expanded enterprise collaboration and significant improvements in quality and time-to-market.
- Define: Capture new—or refine existing—business and technical rules and standards
- Deploy: Release rules across the enterprise for immediate or future use
- Execute: Rules and standards in executable form are used by sales, engineering, and manufacturing to accurately quote and optimally design order-specific products
- Improve: Measure quality and capture lessons learned, synthesizing this into additional or modified rule or standard definitions
- Power Generation and Distribution
- Industrial Products & Systems
- Heavy Machinery & Equipment
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Fluid Flow Technology
- HVAC and Refrigeration
- Furniture and Caseworks
- Control Systems
- Oil & Gas