Parasolid Data Exchange
Fast, accurate and complete data translation solutions for Parasolid
Seamless interoperability with the Parasolid XT format is complemented with our solutions for data exchange.
The HOOPs Exchange toolkit is a tightly-integrated solution for Parasolid that provides you with fast, accurate and comprehensive data exchange for major mechanical CAD formats and industry-standard formats.
Parasolid single format translators deliver high-quality, end-to-end translation for specific industry formats.
Through a close partnership with Siemens PLM Software, Tech Soft 3D’s HOOPS Exchange toolkit has been optimized to deliver market-leading data exchange performance while you leverage the full power of Parasolid. An interface between these two leading technologies enables your users to perfectly import all Parasolid-based formats without translation. Integration with Parasolid Bodyshop enables other CAD formats to be translated into valid Parasolid models.
Benefits of integrating HOOPS Exchange with Parasolid:
- Import all major mechanical CAD formats via a single API.
- Import Parasolid-based formats from NXTM software, Solid Edge® software and SolidWorks® software without translation.
- Translate non-Parasolid CAD formats into valid Parasolid models using advanced healing functionality based on Parasolid Bodyshop which resolves issues like inconsistent tolerances, sliver faces and geometric discontinuities.
- Access the latest versions of all major mechanical CAD formats in a single integration.
- Access comprehensive data including precise B-Rep, advanced assembly/configuration information, tessellated data, topology and geometry for solid, surface and wire frame models, model structures, Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) in both visual and semantic forms, metadata and views.
- Improve load times and quality, even for the largest of models.
- Export to standard file formats including IGES and STEP.
Parasolid Single Format Translators
Parasolid Single Format Translators are Parasolid-based toolkits that provide APIs for end-to-end translation between the Parasolid XT data format and other popular industry formats.
Supported Industry Formats
|Format||Read (to XT)||Write (from XT)|
|STEP||AP203, AP214||AP203, AP214|
|IGES||up to 5.3||up to 5.3|
|Pro/ENGINEER®||16 to Creo 2.0||N/A|
|Catia® V4||4.1.9 to 4.2.4||4.1.9 to 4.2.4|
|Catia V5||R8 to V5-6R2013 SP2||R14 or R19|
|ACIS® (SAT)||up to R24||up to R24|
High-quality translation of the following data types is provided:
- Topology (solid, sheet and wire bodies)
- Common data properties (for example, color, layer or name)
- Assembly structure
Support for the conversion of PMI data is not provided.
Supported platforms include:
- Windows x86 compatible 32-bit and 64-bit
- Linux 32-bit and 64-bit
- Mac OS X/Intel 32-bit and 64-bit
Parasolid Translators combine with Parasolid Bodyshop and Parasolid’s unique tolerant modeling infrastructure to provide high success, robust import and downstream usability of multi-CAD data.
Parasolid Translators for Pro/ENGINEER, Catia V4 and Catia V5 do not require licenses of the respective systems. The Parasolid Translator for ACIS requires a license of the ACIS Kernel which is included (solely for use with the translator) in the product deliverables.