KineoWorks software is integrated into CAD, CAM, CMM and robotics systems to enable collision-free path planning in motion simulation environments. Diverse applications include assembly/disassembly verification, robotics trajectory computation and human accessibility/ergonomic studies, among many others.
Supplied with a fully object-oriented API, KineoWorks enables a comprehensive and automatic path planning capability. Kinematics simulation benefits from fast and accurate collision analysis/avoidance, regardless of motion complexity. Trajectory planning can be optimized for both length and object clearance criteria. Unique algorithms ensure high performance in highly constrained planning scenarios and complex kinematics, including human motion simulation.
KineoWorks is very easy to use, requiring only start and end conditions to compute collision-free paths. User expertise can complement the path planning to increase performance and influence results by specifying guiding paths that constrain the preferred trajectory search area.
Seamlessly integrated with the Kineo Collision Detector for fast and accurate collision analysis, KineoWorks is also compatible with proprietary collision detection systems if these are preferred in the host application.
KineoWorks capabilities are complemented by Kineo UAF (user-aided fitting), a solution for interactively combining user expertise with automatic path planning.
Key Capabilities and Benefits
- Automates PLM assembly and disassembly studies
- Documents and analyzes accessibility in cluttered environments
- Checks, validates and improves mounting/dismounting paths
- Simulates human body kinematics and collisions
- Updates previously computed trajectories
- Programs robots online or offline
- Smooths an existing trajectory
- Implements autonomous robot navigation
- Animates interactive documentation
- Enables high-performance automated path planning and motion
- Guarantees continuous collision avoidance in trajectory planning
- Provides low sensitivity to complex kinematics
- Uses small memory footprint
- Prevents robot collisions
- Optimizes trajectory paths
- Allows user-defined clearances
- Enables trajectory collision analysis
- Is easy to learn, use and customize
- Integrates with leading CAD systems