Medical Equipment Design and Development Solutions
Proven medical equipment development software solutions, with a focus on quality, traceability, regulatory compliance and security
Siemens PLM Software offers a full line of solutions to manage the product lifecycle of your medical instruments and equipment
Medical instrument and equipment companies must carefully examine all of their development projects to ensure that product development portfolios make the best use of people, time and money. Too often, companies find their portfolio is not aligned with the company growth strategy, they have limited resources for the right projects, or they continue to invest in low-priority projects. The traditional budgeting process consumes 20 to 30 percent of management’s time, and does not provide executives with ongoing visibility into a project portfolio or support agile decision-making.
Siemens PLM Software’s solutions for portfolio, program and project management give you a way to compare return on investment (ROI), cost, resources and project schedules so you can make informed decisions, keep track of projects and compare them against plans.
High-quality medical instrument and equipment design is important to ensure functionality, quality and aesthetics. Engineers need the right tools to develop new products that reduce cost, meet requirements, and increase innovation. Because synchronous technology from Siemens PLM Software does not rely on history-based models, it enables a medical equipment design engineer to be efficient and productive, while reducing development time, cost and resources.
Siemens PLM Software is the industry leader in industrial design, electromechanical systems design, and mechanical and electromechanical simulation. Medical instrument and equipment companies use Siemens product development solutions to increase productivity, leading to:
- Reduced product development lead-time
- A reduction in the number of physical prototypes
- Increased design productivity
- Reduced medical equipment design and prototype development time
Knowledge is core to the success of a medical instrument and equipment company. Companies that can manage change and re-use that knowledge are more successful in this competitive industry. A strong and flexible product lifecycle management (PLM) backbone is vital to managing product knowledge.
Siemens PLM Software provides solutions for managing product knowledge across the entire organization. Medical instruments and equipment companies can be confident in our solutions for regulatory compliance, engineering process, and content and document management. Our customers have experienced:
- New product introduction reduced from 18 months to 3 months
- Engineering change orders created in minutes
- Re-use of 80 percent of existing requirements, leading to faster new product introduction (NPI) and time-to-market
- Improved quality, with full adherence to biomedical quality and safety requirements
- A 50 to 75 percent gain in quality and readiness for Six Sigma certification
- Regulatory data generation down from 60 days to 60 minutes